Ontario consumers appear to be increasingly interested in real estate transactions provided it is in an environment of common sense and good judgement to protect personal health and safety.
The Warren Team health and safety measures are focused on helping sellers and buyers engage in real estate transactions while minimizing direct contact utilizing digital tools first and to the greatest extent possible.
- After first contact, a ZOOM meeting would be set up to discuss the process moving forward.
- Both the sellers and the Warren Team will sign a Questionnaire and Consent form indicating they and their household have not travelled outside the country in the last 14 days, have not tested positive for Covid-19 or are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, and have not been exposed to someone who has.
- We will do a quick visit of the entire home inside and out, and then go back to our office and do the research required to come up with a suggested value for your home. On visiting the home, we will wear a cloth mask and not touch anything in the house all the while maintaining social distancing.
- Once the market analysis is completed it will be presented and discussed over ZOOM or other messaging platform.
- If you decide to list, all paperwork will be reviewed in a ZOOM meeting and the listing will be signed electronically using DocuSign.
- In order to minimize showings, it is important for the potential buyer to get a real feel for the home, and to be able to see and understand the home without actually visiting it. For that reason the Warren Team will provide a virtual walkthrough and floor plan on all listings. Like this: 8235 Albert Bouwers
- We will also take pictures of areas that buyers quite often try to see. Like inside closets, inside cupboards, electrical panel, under sinks, etc. These pictures will not be available on realtor.ca, or our website but can be requested by the buyer’s agent.
- There are two ways to proceed with showings: a) the Seller can decide to not have any showings until there is an accepted offer. Or b) The Seller allows 30 minute showings. We can discuss the best way to proceed with your property during the Market Analysis or Listing ZOOM meeting
- The Showing Brokerage agent must fill out and return a Questionnaire and Consent Form before visiting indicating the agent and the buyers and their households have not travelled outside the country in the last 14 days, have not tested positive for Covid-19 or are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, and have not been exposed to someone who has.
- If desired we can also do virtual open houses.
- Once an offer is received it will be reviewed and discussed using Zoom or other messaging platform.
- All counters and final documents will be signed electronically using DocuSign.
The last few months have been challenging times for everyone. As we enter the first stage of reopening the economy, just know that if you would like to, or have to sell your home, the Warren team has set up procedures with your health and safety in mind, all the while giving you the excellent service you deserve.
Please call Russ at 613.720.4941 or Lindsay at 613.292.9226 if you have any questions of if you would like to explore putting your house on the market.
The question we are asked most often in casual conversation is “How’s the Market?”. Right now the market is very solid and at the same time challenging.
We are in the midst of a very strong seller’s market. That means there are more buyers than there are homes on the market. So it is great for sellers, but challenging for buyers.
It is interesting to note that across the Ottawa region more homes were sold in 2019 than in 2018 despite historically low supply. And, we started off the year with only 1525 homes on the market, which is 25% lower than the start of 2018, and over 50% lower than the 4 years before that. It is definitely a seller’s market.
If you are thinking of selling this spring or summer, it is a great time to sell! Prices are strong, and there are buyers just waiting for homes to come on the market. Take advantage of this by being one of the first homes on the market this spring. There is the built up demand from months of low inventory, and you have less competition from other listings.
Lindsay and I would be happy to sit down with you, talk about timing, how to price your home in this market, and guide you in preparing your home for sale. Please give us a call.
Russ Warren. 613-720-4941
Lindsay McIntyre. 613-292-9226